Sunday 18 October 2015

Adderbury Garden Party - Saturday 12th September 2015 - sweet summer reflections ...Part two - and Market events

Adderbury Garden Party – Saturday 12th September – sweet summer reflections…Part Two – and Market events

Today I’ve been gardening, again, and actually planting the viola plants bought from UGM Nurseries at Charlbury, into my flower pot garden, growing them in memory of our darling dog Hank who died a few years ago.  Our pets are so important to us, aren’t they?  And finding a contact address, for UGM who may be found at - ugmnursery@gmail.com






Next to the Fairtrade stall for their delicious chocolate and biscuits and other goodies.  We chatted madly about their range of foods, advertising and the other Fairtrade events I’ve covered in Banbury.  Did you know Banbury has Fairtrade Town status and regularly hosts events for this brilliant charity; did you also know that the WI was a founding Member of the Fairtrade Foundation in 1992...




Then to chat to Chummy of Moore and Lyon and contact via -
https://www.facebook.com/.../Moore-Lyon...Produce ........



here's a recent pate make with my pot of clarified butter, soup and vegs for a puree of veg.

from whom I regularly buy packs of chicken livers which come in a nice handy packet, making just enough
pate for two good sized pots which I keep in my 'fridge and use  for work-a-day lunches with jacket potatoes, pasta and toast with homemade chutney.  Actually, it’s the fastest lunch I know, toast and pate without butter for the pate is sealed with ghee, then all topped by a dollop of one of my lovely chutneys; well we think they’re delicious!  And, oh dear, I feel another actually coming on…but….. one day you too may find out how scrumptious and transforming a large dollop of chutney is on almost anything when your cupboard is rather bare, either forgetting to shop or when your delivery doesn’t deliver everything you’ve ordered.


After Chummy and I said fond farewells I visited Newton Wines stall to check-out their preserves, wines, jam and flowers and came away clutching a small pot of jam for a tea-time treat, just for one!




Next to sample the spicy meats of the Cotswold Curer, their pancetta, a box of which I took home with me from an earlier meet which I rather liked; Him indoors thought it was rather hard but that might have been because the half-finished box became lost in the depths of the ‘fridge!!!  I bought myself a £1.00 snack stick of their spicy meat which was very good......




 To Bibury Trout Farm for a small pot of their Trout pate; they also do a whole range of trout-inspired items and you’ll also find them at Deddington Farmers’ Market with contact via – wwwbiburytroutfarm.com.......



From Appleford Brewery of Abingdon for their Brightwell Gold Beer for my son to sample when he and his family are here on holiday from Australia.  I’m not very good with beer so must await his verdict on their product which has an allergy warning for Wheat and Barley.  Contact via – www.applefordbrewery.co.uk



For good local rape seed oil, see the products of Stainswick Rape Seed Oil with contact via – www.stainswick.co.uk



Also at Charlbury Farmers’ Market, The Meat Joint from Deddington whom I meet at Adderbury Community Food Market, Deddington Farmers’ Market and Banbury Farmers’ Market – for contact - Iron Down Farm, Deddington OX15 OPJ and contact via – mail@themeatjoint.co.uk




 Crudges Cheese - contact via - thelocalproductcompany.co.uk/cheese/crudges-cheese.........




Halcyon Honey from Mr. G. J. Burroughs – contact via -  burroughs871@btinternet.com   ....... 



Sufi Spice for “Authentic Punjabi Cuisine” for contact – www.SufiSpice.com   ...

 And Foxdenton Gin for their glorious product – for contact - www.foxdentonestate.co.uk/  ......


                            

I chatted to Scrumptious Catering about their range of scotch eggs and Arancini, similar but made with rice, not sausage meat, with a variety of centre fillings, coated in regular or gluten-free savoury breadcrumbs and fried.  This is our second meeting as we chatted recently at the Farmers’ Market in Banbury; contact them via – sarah@scrumptiouscatering.org.uk



A future Charlbury event for the following weekend – Charlbury Street Fair for all kinds of fun and entertainment with music and food which, unfortunately, I missed which perhaps I’ll make next year.  I hope the day went well for everyone!






On my way home I called into Wykham Park Farm shop to view and buy a few items, taking the following photos………………















And then finally I went to Adderbury for a lovely Garden Party where I met several friends for tea and cake, chat and nice buys from the garden stall.  The weather was still perfect for outside chatting and nibbling in a wonderful attractive garden setting… really glorious viewing....



plants for our WI wild seed garden at Katharine House Hospice

                           
and a few more....

And then.....before heading for home, I planted our new garden treasures....and then went home for supper after a very long but super day...!

You know, I absolutely adore writing about my little gardening, visiting and eventing excursions but they seem to take absolutely ages to do and get just right but its fun and  know my friends are able to enjoy them too.  Do you???

Bye for now  Daisy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment