Thursday 30 July 2015

Daisy Does the Alice! - Thursday, 30th July 2015 - Walking Fit

I have just done the Alice walk but forgot to switch on my Apple Step Mode action button!
.
Since our darling dog Alice died last June I have actually stopped my daily walk routine and I'm now reaping the benefit of that inaction.

Of course, I exercise by gardening and doing housework and I walk down to the town centre once a week on a chores-mission but the regular and daily doggie walk has gone from my life and I'm really desperate to get back into a routine of daily walks.

My plan for the next two weeks is to make sure I walk before breakfast every day, the Alice walk, which will take about 20-25 minutes to complete and then to do a second walk before supper time.   Hopefully these two daily walks will get me into the swing again and encourage long-term walk action.

I have walked throughout my life, taking the kids to school, shopping and doggie walking and its certainly kept me trim and agile.  Friends have lamented the lack of walking exercise in their lives leading to loss of usage and general ill-health.  I'm sure its not that people don't wish to walk; rather its the fact of easier and quicker transport to the various places which must be accessed on a daily basis, which keeps people motor-moving, rather than self-propulsion leg-work.

So - on with the walking and I'll let you know how I get on, how the stride-action gets moving!!!

Do you walk - your response would be illuminating?

Daisy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment