Saturday 1 August 2015

Saturday Morning Chatter - Saturday, 1st August 2015 - of this and that and, maybe more!!!

We've just done the Alice Walk to Daeda's Wood, a small wooded area just before one reaches Deddington, which we visited for their Farmers' Market last week.






















Daeda's Wood is a small area of protected and conservation forest which, we took note of, will be celebrating its 20th anniversary next year, 2016, which is great.

Alice used to love walking Daeda's, at any time of the year, but particularly during the winter flooding season.  Today was my first return walk since we lost her and it was very good to connect with another Alice-memory site and doing so, notching-up for me a total of 1330 steps towards my goal of a possible 5000 steps a day, which is very good!  Himself came with me too - a much needed walk although he gets out quite a bit doing things, but not exactly walking; walking is definitely the thing to do to keep one fit and agile, but working exercise is definitely not the same as  exercise for its own sake.

I would have included a photo of Daeda's but I can't upload one pressently!

Nowadays we are encouraged to fit our small exercise sessions into our daily routine of activities and doings, making it seem far less of a chore, like having to fit in a class-taking-time-out activity, and more a time-friendly-accessible time allowance just for you.  I do indeed like to do a class for the user-friendly benefit of a helpful tutor, equipment and friends to greet and chat to plus the scales-weight-and-record taking habit.  "Have I lost enough , any or am I the same as last week "hiatus?

Making good use of my pre-walk time, while having my bowl of homemade muesli-mix plus sliced banana, Lacto-free milk with toasted quinoa seeds and deciding I should make up the next month 's batch, I was amused to learn from the labels how world-oriented my food choices were with Scottish porridge oats, United Kingdom poppy seeds, Pumpkin seeds from China, Sri Lankan organic Desiccated coconut plus a small quantity of dried mix fruit "Packed in Turkey" and "Produce of more than one country"..  It had to be mixed fruit 'cos I was without raisons, oh dear!


my muesli-mix with those lovely black berries 


I'm not complaining just thnking out-loud in print!

Before all this happened I was on Face Book and reading about the new postage stamps due to come out on 18th August celebrating wild bees with a link to the Sussex Wildlife Trust's photo and their concern re the use of neocotinoids - http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/neonics.  There is also a Face Book posting recently this week about the Environment Secretary's approval of the use of pesticides which is believed to be fatally harmful to our bees.  I believe the NFU were very keen to have the use of these chemicals for crops of Rape Seed Oil plants in Suffolk.

There has been a great deal of interest over the last few years about our bees and I'd noticed earlier problems, years ago, for winter sugar supplies, to keep them going over the long cold winter months.  I've personally signed up to various petitions, looked for bees for various concerns and generally seen bees during the many gardening sessions with vegetables, flowers and now wild flowers in a project I am heading up with my local Adderbury & District WI group.  We need our bees - please help save them if you can?


my flower  garden yesterday - I've just cut a new neat edge!











Our WI GWS @ KHH garden in Adderbury


My garden with blooming and fruiting runner beans...!














My point is, all viewpoints need to be ingested and questioned as we are all citizens of our beautiful world and people need to be fed, businesses need to make money and people need to live.  Of course, people are animals and all animals need to have their lives respected and honoured and balancing everything is tricky.

OK it's coffee time and time to do a few chores.  Happy weekend everybody - maybe more "chatter time" next weekend!!!

Daisy xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment