Saturday 13 June 2015

ADDERBURY Happenungs and Events - Saturday 13th June 2015

Since burdening myself with a new and complicated computer, having great difficulties with getting to grips with its running programme - Windows 8 -  and everything else,  I've allowed myself to get behind with my Blog posting, so here's with quick update to be going on with.

Last weekend, I was with Team WI at our Adderbury WI grow Wild Seed Kit garden at Katharine House Hospice for their Volunteer Garden Team's Open Garden Day when our newly created Wild Seed Flower garden was on display.  We're very excited to be gardening with KHH and the GWS team of Kew Royal Botanic Gardens supported by The Big Lottery Fund and looking forward to our garden's flowering in mid-August. Find us at The Katharine House Hospice, East End, Adderbury, Banbury OX17 3NL and on FaceBook and Google.  Here's a photo of our garden...



This Saturday our WI Jam Jar Tombola stall will be at the Christopher Rawlins Primary School and St. Mary's Church Fete at 12noon at the Lucy Plackett playing fields or at the school if it's still raining.  Our covered jam jar s are filled with all kinds of lovely items to win with all proceeds from our Tombola going to the School.

JS Auctions of Bodicote host another of their auction sales today and find them at - www.jsauctions.co.uk and at Oxford Road, Bodicote, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX15 4AQ - for JS Auctions and JS Fine Art.

Broughon Grange, Wykham Lane, Broughton, Nr. Banbury (OX15 5DS) are hosting an Open Garden event and Katharine House Hospice will present a Cake Stall with homemade cakes from friends and followers and I wish them a good day.  It's rather wet at the moment but I'm hoping the sun will emerge later on....

Charlbury Farmers' Market also meet today for their summer market and Wolvercote Farmers' Market is on tomorrow.

More tennis with the Aegon Tennis Championship at The Queen's Club, London, from Monday and of course, Wimbledon will be with us soon, and Royal Ascot - OMG - how busy our summer is!  Himself eagerly anticipates next weekends Austrian GP  and I'm happily gardening throughout the summer, looking forward to harvesting my courgettes and tomatoes sometime.

In  the meantime, I shall continue to grapple with my new computer which at the moment is being an ABSOLUTE PAIN,

It's my Auntie Joyce's  94th Birthday tomorrow and much love and best wishes arÄ“ with her for he special day....I wonder if I'll make my 94th birthday?  Himself was  69 on Thursday when the family enjoyed Smart Cookies Salmon Terryiake at Adderbury's Community Food Market cooked and presented by Virginia Yip which was delicious - thanks Virginia x

It was sad to lose Marguerite Pattern, Christopher  Lee and Ron Moody this week and R I P to all of them.


Must dash as my tomatoes need watering and must get to the Fete snd Diane who is waiting for me to go with her....and do apologies for any remaining typos which my  new computer misses !  I will master this new fangled machine one day soon.

Cheerio,  Daisy


another view of our Adderbury & District wild seed flower garden.... 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment