Saturday 4 October 2014

World time for FI Grand Prix World - Saturday, 4th October 2014

His clock alarm shattered the still-dark morning hour for FI qualifying day in Japan, for Japan's GP weekend, at 5.30 am this morning.

Yesterday, also at 5.30 am, the alarm shocked lingering sleep rhythm from our bodies, as we came to with a mighty noise resounding in our ears.

Tomorrow, at the slightly/st the same time, we will be forced awake, once more, by his most insistent alarm clock, for  the Japan GP itself and sleep will, once again, be a diminishing, lingering dream.  Perchance to dream, let's hope so, for the GP, for the drivers and for my dear SO, hoping for his Boy to do well - Jensen Button.

My Boy - Lewis Hamilton, qualifying for 2nd grid spot, is already doing well - my chance to dream is already set-up.

An FI GP world time, to enable us to watch all GP's at a fixed time would be good.  Japan is GMT+9, so an afternoon time for them, but oh too early in the morning to be woken up here in the UK.  Ah well, my internal clock was already whirring, waking me up before the dreaded alarm shrill shattered the quietness of the morning.

So, the view from here was darkness, with pools of bright yellow light from bedside lamps, the brightness of iPhones and iPads, plus his computer screen.

The country view from Oxfordshire of open fields waking up beneath wide pale skies.  The town view of an Oxfordshire morning, waking up to a off-white leaden sky for a dull morning, where folk must safely inhabit.

Do read the online BBC News report on Caesium  - The element that redefined time" - which now "keeps time so accurately that it has forced us to reconsider what time really is" - by Justine Rowlatt.

I know what time is to me!  Its the standard which keeps me chasing thru' my days to get everything done.  That piece of elastic which never stretches far enough, or long enough, leaving me short of "time" to finish my chosen chores and tasks for the day.

Its that extra 24 hours per day, just for me and like-minded souls to complete whatever task it is they've decided must be achieved and completed by a set time.  It's something there's always a shortage of.

It's something we yearn for, argue the case for, always ending at a slight disadvantage for the clock has beaten us again, with our race with time cut short, leaving us defeated.

"Bloodied but not bowed!" as my mother would have put it.  We can run that race again another day.  Do it all over again tomorrow.  Who knows, we may just achieve our goal and beat time, achieving all we desire, in the way of getting things do, one way or another.

And one good point to finish on, for I'm already running out of time, tomorrow is only another 24 hours away, the world is my oyster, life is up for grabs and I'm going to do just that.  Grab me a piece of the action, see where that leads me.  Who  knows, I may just come out ahead of my game at least.

I leave caesium to the world.  My clock is generated by an inner desire to do all I wish to do in my personal 24-hour period.


So - ready, steady, go....Catch me tomorrow if you can!  I'm off to catch me a slice of action.....

Toodle ooh

Daisy

PS - photo-shots next time - my camera's still sleeping and re-charging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment