Tuesday 21 October 2014

This is Australia - Saturday 18th October 2014


Hi there, here I am in Australia for a family visit with some gardening, visiting and cooking thrown in for good measure.

Melbourne airport and my first stunning view, a bouquet of yellow roses, carnations and gerbera to welcome me back -


What fascinates me about this great country is their road system and the street furniture which strides along its highways.  We have relaid our street furniture underground and out of sight but, here the roads are cluttered and littered with wires galore.  I'm not criticising their system, just fascinated by the view.  This is what I've snapped at so far -




busy, busy roads and its the actual roads which declare, very strongly, that this is Australia to me,or at least the very little of the country as I know it, to-date.

I've yet to get a good photo of the highway and freeways around my holiday location - just give me time!!!

One more vision to present today, a food item packaging I'd no idea could possibly exist, and it made me laugh.
Here it is -
 
Condensed Milk squeezed into a tube!!!

My father would have loved this idea, being able to take just a little amount at a time, whereas in his day, an opened can begged and invited a person to consume the whole tin, without leaving a single scrape left inside.  So rich, so more-ish and so very difficult to walk away from.!!!

I used to get my regular tastings when fudge making, done on a very regular basis,  giving me weekly tastings of this wonderful, thick creamy mixture.

My dentist used to beg me to stop eating the raw and cooked fudge mixture but I was addicted. OMG....but it was delicious, especially my chocolate peanut butter recipe and well, the rum and raisin fudge and the double cream fudge!!!  And, guess what cooking trays were used to set my hot fudge mixture in - why - Lamington trays, bought from our excellent and local kitchen supplies store in Horsham, West Sussex, where we used to live.  Oh happy, happy days!!!

A lovely warm day today, and shown well with a view of  domestic roads, tree and house lined, where folk may safely dwell -
my top photo


Happy times xxx

Daisy









No comments:

Post a Comment