Saturday 26 September 2015

Saturday Morning Chatter - Saturday, 26th September 2015 - A busy week and Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning Events still to visit

It's a bright sunny morning and I'm still tied to my desk, trying to write a quick post for this morning, hoping to find my mobile 'phone which I think is in my car, endeavouring to drop in to JS Auction's public auction at the Bodicote Sale Room this morning, visit Philippa Button at Banbury Rugby Union Football Club, Oxford Road, Bodicote for her Macmillan Coffee Morning from 9am today and drop in to see Andrew Barnes and Friends at Adderbury Lakes for their September Tidy-up Session.





It's been a busy week for meetings, Coffee Mornings yesterday in Banbury for Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning at John Nicholls Trading Ltd., with  Grace Grineaux (Head of Human Resources) for Sarah Payne who had to dash out just as I arrived  and I am so sorry we missed each other and Tom who showed me out thru' their most attractive Showroom, to  Pizza Express, Banbury with Leah Man and Pizza Express Management team at Banbury, with Marks and Spencer Restaurant Manager, Sinead Hibbins and staff member Karen manning their Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning promotional stall at M & S Banbury and then to Anker and Partners Estate Agents for their Macmillan Coffee Morning at their High Street offices where Office Manager, Kim Wattam, kindly allowed my photo-shoot of cupcakes, clients, staff and premises.

And Deddington Farmers' Market is happening today also so...


a picture of Deddington in August...


Last Saturday most unfortunately I missed attending the Charlbury Street Fair for we had to dash over to Lakeland at Bicester for jam jars, lids and labels for I'd picked a huge amount of crab apples at Katharine House Hospice last Thursday and I'd run out of supplies.  What a great shop they have at Bicester and we'll go again, also to have lunch, but today we were short of time for the dear SO needed to get home to watch his beloved GP from Singapore.  And the crab apples were calling to me to pot them up.








On Sunday, the GP and crap apples still held sway over our movements but we were out for a GP viewing then home for me to make more jelly and then to watch the first of the last  ever series of Downtown Abbey.  OMG how shall we live without its dulcet tones and gorgeous fashion...not to mention the food!

Talking about food, I've only managed a little view of this week's GBM show featuring London and the South East fish course and their pudding course, so have no idea who has gone thru' to the next round out of Mark, Matt and Lee!

The rain on Wednesday cleared for our lunch date with friends at Adderbury's The Coach and Horses where they present an excellent and economical plate of food, then fell again until late afternoon when I was able at long last to dash out and walk friend's dog Rupert. We had a great walk and whilst out I discovered a wonderful harvest of elderberries for picking, which I hope will not all have gone by the time I get back.




The dear SO has just found my 'phone left perched on top of my car all night phew.... aren't I the lucky one!!!

Well, must dash off.  Have a great weekend everyone and let's chat again soon.

Daisy xxx

PS  Oh the agony of not getting to Deddington Farmers' Market and being without making purchases from their wonderful range of gorgeous goodies  especially when I just may miss October's Farmers' Market too ..... oh dear me .... gosh and bother xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment