Saturday 8 August 2015

Saturday Morning Chatter – Saturday, 8th August 2015 - of TV cooking, gardening andmy

Saturday Morning Chatter – Saturday, 8th August 2015

Well, here we are again.  Another week of working, eating, gardening and TV viewing has passed us by and mostly all’s well with each person’s individual world.  That’s my hope for everyone this morning!!

a pretty poppy from our WI wild seed flower garden..


OK did you manage to catch any programmes of The Great British Menu and wonder at the creations of the Scottish team?  I viewed Jack’s interpretation of this year’s theme – The WI – with great interest, being a WI member and a most enthusiastic cook for the last 50 years!

Then what about Bake-Off with Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood and the new cast of wanna-be winning bakers.  Loved them all but particularly Flora, Marie and Ugne and poor Stu, the first member to be sent home.  Bad luck Stu but do keep making and baking – you’re a star just being amongst this year’s contestants.  Well, it’s biscuits for next week’s programme and, having been a crumb-fan for most of my life, I’m looking forward to what our bakers will be whipping-up next week!


here's something whipped-up in my kitchen folks....anyone for tea? xxx

I’m afraid I’ve not carried out my self-promised daily morning/evening walk – mostly too busy dashing off to do stuff to walk which, in my defence, I must say seems to be the problem for most of us, that of fitting in our daily walk-exercise routine.  That gym, swimming pool, park should all be within 15 minutes’ distance from where we need to get to from our present position.  Well that’s what they said a few years ago but now, the thing is to include your routine exercise within your own particular activities for any day. 


my favourite green gym....


And, actually, that’s what I’ve done this week!  Gardening, housework, shopping alongside the occasional walk whenever possible.  My highest step count for the week so far has been 6728 for Thursday which I’m rather pleased with.  However, I’m hoping for a higher stepping rate soon and know it’s that little extra that does the trick of getting me healthier, trimmer and eventually fitter!!! PS have you noticed I’ve not mentioned the “s” word yet but I ’m sure you must know which word I mean, hey?  No prizes for guessing but answers on a postcard could be interesting….


 I picked a small bunch of Sweet pea blooms this week and they’re still sitting on my desk beside me, looking really pretty and OMG I’d forgotten just how sweetly they scent the air.  “Must grow some for myself next summer!”  ..




Fancy that, already thinking about next year’s sowings and plantings when we’re still knee deep in this year’s summer, the sun is shining and the garden is calling me to come out and check on my tomatoes, runner beans, courgettes and my flower garden...phew!

OK folks – enjoy your weekend, smell the flowers and catch a little bit of sun!!!

Happy days and fun weekends…

Daisy xxx                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margaret, just read your post from 8/8/2015 and loved your photos of your garden, you must have a green thumb! If I didn't live SO far away, I would certainly love to come and have a piece of that beautiful cake and a cup of tea. Enjoy your summer weather and also the week ahead. Bye for now, Anne Rees

    ReplyDelete