Wednesday 2 December 2015

Christrmas is Upon us But.....Tuesday 1st December 2015 - I'm still in the garden !

Let it be well recorded here and elsewhere December 1st has been a glorious day for getting things done.

The weather has been bright and clear, with bright sun, a little morning breeze and a beautiful afternoon for dog walking, which I enjoyed with doggie friend Rupert.  We were walking over Bankside fields in Banbury where developments are afoot to create a housing entity....but for now we walkers and companions are free to walk up and down the fields, throw balls for our friends and from the top field, view a vista of canal, fields, railway service, motorway and overhead planes.  Just like the song, almost ....boats and trains, roads and planes.

I think my love of the wide open vista comes from childhood's reading of the Milly Molly Mandy books where on the inside front and back covers, there is a view of her countryside village and environs, with friends' houses inserted, trees, meeting places, brooks and fields.

On Saturday, we were at the Adderbury Christmas Market setting up Adderbury WI stall with members' homemade cakes and preserves and copies for sale of our 2016 Calendar showcasing our fabulous village.



we highlighted our calendars with Christmas lights

The Katharine House Hospice stall


I'm sad to say I didn't get to the Deddington Farmers' Market  or Apples for Eggs event but will another time.

We were out to family dinner on Saturday evening for which I made a chocolate fondant tart with light shortcrust pastry, dusted with icing sugar and dressed with cream and custard for the Dear SO!  He just loves custard!!!

It was so good there was no time to photograph it!

On Sunday He was watching the GP from Abu Dhabi when Lewis Hamilton came second to team mate Nico Rosberg - so well done Nico!  Then with Andy Murray and Great Britain's team we won the Davis Cup - our first win since 1936 - which was absolutely amazing - well done chaps.  Then our boxer Tyson Fury becomes world Heavyweight champion against Wladimir Klitschko so, wow, a great weekend for our sports hero's.

And what did I do on Sunday - I enjoyed a lovely peaceful day and loved the experience.

Bye for now

Daisy xxx

ps I was gardening today, clearing old plants out, planting my blueberry plants, digging up and replanting spring bulbs and tidying up the compost area.  I'm going to begin a new compost heap next time and see if I can clear the mud from another pathway.  Of course, most of this should have been done on my return from holiday but that cold slowed me down and here I am still trying to catch up with my blogging and stuff and now I'm also trying to prepare for Christmas.  Mind you, I have already given two Christmas presents away and written some cards so things could be much worse, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment