Saturday 11 July 2015

Banbury Charter Market Relaunch - New Craftsman Venture - Saturday, 23rd May 2015


A Market Relaunch for Banbury’s Charter Market with Cherwell District’s Market operator E.G. Skett  and Co. with new stalls and stallholders to meet and we’re late because my computer is misbehaving; the dear SO managed to get it working temporarily enabling me to finish off a  little project I was working on.

At the top end of Market Square were the regular market stalls offering a wider range of fresh foods and produce, plants, clothing items and fabrics.  We’re wondering where the new stalls are situated as we walk down, when we spot new blue and white striped awnings in front of Marks and Spencer and adjacent buildings, and catch the sound of music on the breeze.

The first stall we visit is 3D Card by Trang Nguyen and Long Sam with their beautiful, exquisite greeting cards; they are colourful, amazing and very brilliantly created and presented.  They are handmade cards par excellence and I was delighted to see these pop-up cards in Banbury.  Find Trang Nguyen via email – trangftu2004@yahoo.com and catch them on Face Book at - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pop-Up-Cards-PC/502222703183436?ref=hl








To Merlin Porter Arts who drew a quick picture of me, as the Street Artists do in Paris, and Merlin is on Face Book at - https://www.facebook.com/MerlinPorterArts - to see his work…..
On to Qwerky Clocks “Handmade Hand Painted Wooden Wall Clocks and find them by email at – qwerkyclocks@gmail.com and on Facebook@: www.facebook.com/QwerkyClockshandmade....
Then to Forever Living Products with Beckie selling Aloe Vera and we bought their Aloe Vera Shampoo.  We have seen these Aloe Vera products elsewhere and were keen to try for ourselves….
Also there, a craft blanket stall, Cakes for Heroes and a Sea Scouts Charity stall all of whom were doing good business...





My computer broke down this same Saturday.  I sourced a new one over the next few days and with a few irritating hold-ups I'm now up and running again, just about.  However, somewhere along the road I seem to have lost a few photos from this Market day back in May.  So, sorry guys, but I seem only to have retained the two photos above.
I shall visit again at your next Banbury Market Day and take more photos, adding them to that day's blog post.  I hope all of you are well and selling successfully and I look forward to meeting all of you again soon.



Daisy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment